Thursday, April 21, 2011

St Louis Arch with the K Family

So a few weeks ago I got a message that my old college friend and his family were going to be passing through St Louis on their way to their new job & home out here in the Midwest. Of course we had to find a way to take them around and show them the sites.

I was so happy to see Larry again in person. We have been facebook friends again for over a year, but haven't seen each other in person since 1996 in the MTC of all places. Our birthdays are just days apart, but also 2 years apart, so we ended up in the MTC for our missions at the same time, both headed to Europe and we kept in touch while on our missions but lost touch after that.

So I finally go to meet his lovely wife and accompanying blondies, and we had fun. We took a ride to the top of the Arch, and then hit up the Delmar Loop for dinner at Chuck Berry's Blueberry Hill and I got to introduce him to my local favorite, Vintage Vinyl for some record store perusing.

The kids all had a great time and we hope to find a way to see them again soonish...

No comments:

Post a Comment