Wednesday, July 15, 2009

back in the saddle again

So I am finally back in St Louis after a 2 month stint working my tail off in Idaho. I am exhausted and somehow unpacking a family after 2 months in suitcases is almost as nasty a job as unpacking an entire house. Seriously. It took me two days and unpacking an entire house usually takes me a week (yes I have much practice).
On top of that I had weeds to my knees in the backyard because our gate in the backyard doesn't open and i couldn't get a lawnmower back there even if I had one. So we spent the day filling our yard waste trash can with weeds and the kids caught grasshoppers and butterflies (which were abundant after living an unmolested life back there for months on end). Beyond that things are sticky and icky here, and despite the heat and humidity there is no sun and I am about to flip out after living out in the bright blue west. It feels like all of a sudden a switch was flipped and it no longer is summer.
As soon as I get things all the way settled (maybe by sunday) I will post before and after pictures of the houses I worked on this summer.
Til later...we are unpleasantly sweaty in St Louis.

1 comment: