JOHANNES filmed this video of Personal Jesus:
Friday, August 14, 2009
Depeche Mode
Depeche Mode was my very favorite band beginning in 1986 up until about 1991. I still have the first tape of Depeche Mode that I bought - Some Great Reward. I got to see them in 1994 when Songs of Faith and Devotion came out. I went down to Utah with some friends (and strangers) and saw them from the nose-bleed seats at the Delta Center - we were like second to last row up top. I was much closer this time, but except for the songs they played the show was pretty much the same. Not bad, just very similar. Even though Johannes went to see Tool the next night and was in the third row of a very serious crowd press, the DM crowd was where we had the craziest people. I had one of my near fights with a drunk girl, who oddly enough was even shorter than me. A second girl threw beer at us but she was sent away as a guy next to us dumped two bottles of water on her head and blocked a few of her swings. Then a tall bald guy started pushing his way through and as a bit of space was cleared for him he suddenly fell flat on his face...it reminded me of the scene in Breakfast at Tiffanys but with no warning of "Timber!" A few minutes after that another huge guy did almost an exact repeat of the face plant. Who would have expected that from a generally laid-back DM crowd?
JOHANNES filmed this video of Personal Jesus:
JOHANNES filmed this video of Personal Jesus:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment