Saturday, August 1, 2009
sweet!
While at the commissary on Thursday, I was walking through the produce aisle and there was a man unloading tubs of strawberries. I had strawberries on my list so I went over to his pile and noticed that they were priced at 99 cents a pound. Those baskets of berries have been $2.99 a piece all summer so I decided this was my chance to pounce. I bought 6 baskets so that I could make freezer jam. Since I went shopping so late at night I didn't have time to make jam right away and by noon the next day 1/4 of my berries were covered in mold. I had to cut through a lot of muck but I ended up with a whole lot of jam. Now if I can just put my family on rations of one tub a month we can have jam until we move next summer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment