I have a friend Jessica, who works at Jo Ann's and when I saw her at work the other day she helped me look at sewing machines, and then offered up the hard to get "Jo Ann's employee discount". So, with sewing machines on sale this week and a discount in hand I was able to upgrade my dilapidated old machine to the Singer 7469Q
Confidence Quilting Sewing Machine. I am so excited. Not only will I now be able to do fancy things like stippling and embroidery, but also basic tasks like button holes and zippers. Yes, it is true. All of these years of sewing and I haven't been able to do buttons or zippers. But I am a pro at snaps and Velcro as a result.

I am half way through an exciting project for an old friend with a new baby boy. I have learned to make my own custom fabric blocks with iron-ons for this quilt, and can't wait to put it into place again when I redo my boys' bedroom. This is the coolest (though not technically difficult) baby quilt I have ever made, and I am already having a hard time with the idea of giving it away, which never happens to me.
I will post photos of my Nordic God baby quilt later this week, once my Raven fabric comes in. Oh yes, I can see you are intrigued, and yes, it is the coolest baby quilt ever.
Can't wait to see it. I had a baby quilt I made once and gave as a gift, it's my favorite so far that i've made and I forgot to take even a picture of it! oh well...
ReplyDelete