Monday, December 6, 2010

Sinterklaas

Daddy made it home from Alaska just in time for Sinterklaasavond.
We set out carrots, oats and beans for Schimmel, and he ate them all up. Sinterklaas (and Jasper) ate all the pepernoten.
Daddy reading Sinterklaas' letters to the kids. One of the interesting things Sinterklaas does, is laud and reproach kids, telling them how they can be better in the next year and praising them for what they are doing well. It's an interesting inventory on behavior for the year. Jasper broke into the candy and cookies right away. No waiting until breakfast for him.


Matthijas with the red puffle he has been asking for, a caribou daddy brought home from Alaska, and the remants of impetigo on his chin.

Mommy found this great Sinterklaas nutcracker this year. We get one new nutcracker every year for Sinterklaas to add to our collection.


Arcadia got a Russian matroyshka doll (since Russia is right next to Alaska).

1 comment:

  1. I hardly understand anything about his holiday to which you refer, but it sounds lovely. I wish I were in your house this week. :)

    ReplyDelete