Saturday, January 1, 2011

Matthijas' first Christmas Program



Some days I wish I had children who who had a bit LESS personality. Case in point: Matthijas' first ever school Christmas program.

Matthijas has been working hard to learn the songs for his program. He was given a lyrics sheet so he was able to memorize all of the words, and I would catch him sing to himself. We broke out the new Christmas PJs a few days early so he would have publicly presentable pajamas for his program, and he was bursting with joy.


Jasper and I got there early enough for a good seat.
Matthijas lined up nicely, then fell off the platform scaring his teacher half to death, though he didn't blink. Once he was safely secured on the ground, he found me in the audience and waved and blew kisses and, with the inclusion of some nose-picking, looked like all the other kids on stage.

Just as the program began Jasper mutated immediately into a possessed holy terror. I should have expected it. I haven't sat all the way through a church meeting in 5 1/2 years. Why did I even think I could make it through a 15 minute kid's production. False hopes I guess. Anyhow, with Jasper throwing himself prostrate upon the dirty gym floor howling while I tried to watch Matthijas sweetly make antler ears and jingle his little Christmas bells, I was unable to get a decent video of the performance. A friend was there peacefully video-taping the performance that her Kindergartener was unable to attend due to the nasty bug going around. I will try to get a copy, though Jasper's screams will probably also show up.

Anyhow, I really did my best to capture the moment, but was foiled by Jasper's enthusiastic outburst. So, to make up for it I have bribed Matthijas to sing a few songs for you solo.

( The concession was I had to give him puffy hair, so he looks like a "puffle". I will try to get it uploaded from my phone and post here later today.)


1 comment:

  1. oh dear. know how that goes. however, you should have had the foreknowledge to call and ask me to watch jasper so you could have gone and enjoyed it! please do that next time!!!! seriously!

    ReplyDelete