
So my last entry was all about complaining about the birds. I was beginning to wonder if I was making a big deal out of nothing, until the other day. We were having our upholstery cleaned before we move (no one wants to sit on a couch that has had Matthijas smear his peanut butter face on it, and then sat in a shipping crate for two months) and so we had the doors open to let in some extra air while the Turkish cleaning guys were coming in and out with their equiptment, and the next thing you know we have a bird fly in. Ok, so it's always hectic if a bird flies into your house. In North Carolina we had that happen and it flew all the way into the back bedroom of the house, and it took me about 20 minutes to shoo it back out the door. However, this little swallow freaked out! It started to flit around all over the place and poop all over while it was flying and perching everywhere but near an exit. All I could think was "Avian Flu". I am not a very paranoid person about things like avian flu or west nile virus or any other number of wierd diseases we could be exposed to over here, but when a bird poops in your house all of a sudden it becomes a more possible threat to your health. Thank heavens for Clorox.
No comments:
Post a Comment