Thursday, February 12, 2009

Being boring

I recently read someone's complaints about blogs. They said that blogging is fake because nobody really lives the life they blog about. I think that's a fair assessment. I have not blogged in the past 3 weeks because quite frankly it has been an utterly unremarkable time. No fun snow, no fun trips, no major new stunts or accidents. Nothing. Just laundry and dishes and scrubbing Matthijas' pee off the floor since he can't seem to aim. A bunch of Boy Scout/ Girl Scout meetings and Weight Watchers meetings and home/visiting teaching appointments. Too many phone calls to lenders and mortgage brokers trying to refinance our properties. I'm not even interested in what I have been doing so I tried to spare you all the details. So instead of imagining that we are off having a secretly good time without you, rest assured that I'm more than likely still hanging out in my workout clothes changing a diaper waiting for the kids to take a nap so I can take a shower that probably won't happen.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! Sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your boring life sounds just like my boring life. Maybe that's why we are such good friends.
    But remember, our lives may be boring, but we are both really interesting in our minds! :)

    ReplyDelete