Arcadia came home from school the other day and was telling me about how they had an assembly where someone with puppets came to talk to them about not using drugs and alcohol. I asked if they had talked about using medicine and she siad they were just told only to use medicine if the docotr says so. I didn't think that was a good enough answer since "pharm parties" are growing in popularity in the elementary school set, so we talked about not playing with or using the medicines in the cupboards. I figured this was as good a time as any to have one of those heavy-hitter chats. I don't think she is interested though. She sees how un-fun it is for Matthijas to take his medicines everyday (2-3 times each day) and I doubt she'd be easily persuaded.
Matthijas' daily meds: (plus a shot every 3 days)
FUN!!! ok not so fun for Matthijas or for the one giving all the meds. But if they work it's totally worth the time!
ReplyDelete