Wednesday, February 25, 2009
chronic
I appologize for not having more to say lately. It's not thay I have forgotten about you, it's just I can't stay awake or focused or unafflicted by killer migraines. As part of my Lent resolution (which I use as a reinvigorator for New Years resolutions) I decided to stop PROCRASTINATING and do something about it. So today I went to see the doctor (well, nurse actually, there are very few actual military doctors)about my pains. I have known for about 7 years what my problem is but I have never done anything about it. I am trying to be diagnosed with an "imaginary" disease. A large portion of the medical community thinks there is in fact nothing wrong with me, but I am one of those people with FIBROMYALGIA. Basically I have a laundry list of minor problems which when added all together day after day become much larger than the sum of their parts. Over the years it has been relatively manageable, it goes away while I am pregnant and nursing, but as soon as that's over it starts all over and with a vengance. This time it is so much worse that I can hardly get up in the morning, and I sleepwalk through the day, and about every third day I have a migraine. That is it in a nutshell. I had 5 X-rays and 9 viles of blood taken today. I have to go to the physical therapist and a neurologist just to make sure I don't have something even more fun like Lupus or MS. I didn't mean to whine or sob, just want to let you know why I am being a loser.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for the update. Hope everything turns out ok. Mom showed me the site with pics of that house. Looks like it could be fun to fix up.
ReplyDeleteAll our love, health, kindness and good energy goes out to you! I'm so sorry to hear that you have to cope with this! You are strong and beautiful and smart, so if anyone can overcome its awful strength it's you! Take care of yourself. We love you!!!
ReplyDelete