Thursday, February 26, 2009

what do you see?

Matthijas brought home a pair of binoculars from school all decorated with shimmery hearts and somehow related to Valentine's Day.


As he has every day since Christmas break, he came home from school and put on his pj's (inside out and/or backwards is very common) and started to poke around the house with toy. I decided it was time for a safari. We went to the dress-up chest, pulled out a caving helmet since I don't have a pith helmet, a safari pack and with the binoculars, we were set.




We picked a spot on the map were to go, decided that elephants and giraffes were th easiest targets.

And then we got drooled on by a wild homo sapien in a cage.

4 comments:

  1. Those are cute pictures. I had to laugh at poor Jaspers hair :( or lack of hair. It makes him so different. But still cute of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like so much fun. It's fun to see another family with a map on the wall. Bonnie loves pointing out where family members live on the map.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many days that I come home and want to climb back into my PJ's. Go Matthijas. Oh to be young. That was a really great idea to go on safari.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenean you are so smart - what a great mom you are. It sounds like a fun time. I too am sad that Jasper's hair is gone and that it changed color.

    ReplyDelete