Wednesday, March 4, 2009

p-day

For President's day we took a day trip to Chicago. Yes, you read that right, round trip from St. Louis to Chicago and back in one day. I needed to check in on things and we had a real estate appraiser coming by to give us an estimate, since we are trying to consolidate and refinance that loan (the interest rate on the 2nd mortgage is yucky.)


So we got up and out by 5:30a.m. then drove for about 5 1/2 hours, I cleaned and scrubbed for two hours while Johannes took Arcadia and Matthijas to the Field Museum. Jasper stayed with me and hung out. We went to have dinner at our favorite Spanish tapas place that doesn't care if you bring screaming kids, picked up Giordano's pizza for later and headed home. We were in Chicago about 5 hours total, but for a working holiday it wasn't too bad. The kids were behaved, Matthijas got to see real dinosaur bones, and I didn't have to take the train up by myself and arrange for babysitting, so it was better than I could have expected.

How I got to see Chicago this time...only from the window.

1 comment:

  1. nice apartment. One day we'll get to Chicago and Rick will be in heaven again.

    ReplyDelete