If you have been following along this month you know that for this year's Lent I gave up procrastinating. Well, one of my projects was to get the piano tuned. Now, honestly, part of my slacking was due to the fact that I was having a hard time finding someone. I learned something new however. There is a piano tuner's guild. They don't wear cute uniforms like guilders in Germany do, but they are online and all you have to do is go to their website, type in your zip code and BOOM you have a list of piano tuners in your area. So for about $100 (only $25 less than I paid for the piano) I was able to get it tuned and the sound board and pedals repaired. I also learned that the piano was 50 years older than I had been originally told. It isn't from the early 1960's but 1912, and used to be a player piano but the parts were taken out by the church that used to own it. Too bad the parts didn't come with it when we bought it.

Yea, glad you are getting your list done, but im sure adding to it also.
ReplyDelete