You can follow along from home. Although you may not be able to make it to the meetings I will keep you posted on what we are reading and the recipes that go along with the meeting. (We are going to eat book-related snacks.)

Our first book will be The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. It's short, sweet and clean to start with so I don't scare anyone away with anything too heavy.
The story is set along the Mediterranean, going from Spain to Morrocco to Egypt, so I am making some of my favorite foods from those regions.
Here is the Wikipedia link so you can get a quick summary:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Alchemist_(novel)
I hope you will follow along. Our first meeting is next week, and I will post recipes and topics for discussion if you want to start your own book club and don't know where to start.
I will start your book club but it will be a little while still. I don't want to buy the books and the new library is not quite ready. Keep me informed.
ReplyDelete