Monday, March 16, 2009

i noticed

I love coupons and clearance racks. If I can combine the two, all the better, and I am always trying to find ways to maximize either. So imagine my delight when I made a "new economy" induced discovery. Coupons are lasting longer. Yes I know it's subtle but clever marketing. You know those coupons to Jo Ann's or Micheal's or the tune-up shop, the ones you cut out to use and then they expire. Not right now at least. It's a clever strategy that I haven't heard advertised but works out great. The companies lower their advertising costs by not printing so many blasted fliers, the employees don't have to keep up on the sales because they are lasting longer, there is less waste in the recycling because fewer unused ads are going to waste and the coupons can actually be used, bringing customers into stores when they have a need/ money rather than only over a weekend when the coupon they didn't get for that weekend is valid. I just got a coupon for an oil change that is good until the end of May. I totally will need an oil change by then. See that makes sense. I love the "new economy".
And as an uplifting money reminder: Your purchasing power is not based on your in-coming money but your out-going money. It is the way you spend your money that determines your wealth.

No comments:

Post a Comment