Thursday, February 7, 2008
Another visitor to the IZ
Guess who came to visit us in the IZ today? Here she is with our favorite Iraqi translator, Areej (you may recognize Areej from our New Years with the Italians). Angelina Jolie had lunch in our DFAC with a group of randomly chosen people. The rest of us were gawkers, but Ms. Jolie was actually very nice and patient with everyone who wanted photos, and she even took apicture with all the Bangledeshi food service workers before she left.I was actually impressed with how well she treated all the young soldiers and foreign nationals. She was reserved, but kind. I don't know why she was here (before she came, we were speculating that shewould adopt us and rescue us from being stuck in Iraq), but since I'm sure it was a goodwill mission, (she was there checking in on the refugee situation) it would have been surprising if she was mean to everybody. I guess my surprise was that I expected her to eat at the reserved table, and then leave, but she stayed around to takepictures with those who wanted their picture taken, and some of myfriends got autographs as well. It was really her security detail andescorts who were pushing her along, because she had another arranged stop that she was, of course, late for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment