Thursday, February 14, 2008

Makenzie and Arcadia

Arcadia's best friend since about 5 days after we arrived here has been Makenzie. Her family moved in the same time we did, but they live off base. Makenzie's parents are Department of Defense school teachers and so they are allowed to live off base. They have a nice big house directly across from the mesquite (like a chapel versus a temple).

These two girls spend all their time together at school and church and in gymnastics and then as much time as we can coordinate outside of those things. They never fight and are always giggling. I hope Arcadia can continue to find friends she likes as much as Makenzie in the future or I will feel guilty for a long time for separating them when we move.

They play together so well we let them have sleepovers occassionally. Last weekend Makenzie came over and they went to sleep about 9:30. The in the middle of the night I woke up because I heard a wierd twittering noise, not like a bird, but high pitched and random. It turned out to be the girls. They were just talking, as if they had woken up in the middle of the night because they still had more to talk about and had gotten a second wind.

Today they are playing dress up (usually it's Barbies) and inhaling their Valentine's day candy from school.

No comments:

Post a Comment