Wednesday, March 3, 2010

jenean and the technicolor wreath

After taking down the christmas decorations I was in search of a new wreath. My old faux cranberry wreath had died a sad and lonely death, and needed replacing. I found this great cheap wreath on one of my favorite blogs, MADE. Here is the link to how she MADE hers out of pine nuts, and then a follow up made by another blogger out of lima beans.

http://www.dana-made-it.com/search?q=wreath

Not having pine nuts (or trees for that matter) in my neighborhood, I opted for the lima bean version. My cheap and little used glue gun gave me a callous I had to squeeze so much to fill an entire wreath with little strips of gooey hot glue.



Here is the "au naturale" version in lima bean white, and then painted in high-gloss Valentine's Day red. If I celebrated St. Patrick's day at all it would probably be on it's way to a repaint in Green, but then again it was so cheap, I could just make another one.

3 comments:

  1. You told me about that..both your crafty projects turned out super cute. i just made a quilt after work today and turned out super cute. and i will post on FB.. soooo easy. It was super thrify I bought the pink sheet at Goodwill for .99 cents and the rest only requires 1/4 yard of fabic total..

    ReplyDelete