Wednesday, March 10, 2010

oden the norse god quilt

An old friend of mine and his wife just had a little boy that they named "Oden" after the Norse god, to go with their norse heritage. When I heard mythology my ears pricked and my mind began to kaleidoscope with ideas. I pulled up a few symbols related to Norse mythology (wikicommons)and used iron-ons on white fabric to make center squares. Red, white and black make it punk-rock and the ravens on the back were special-ordered from my new favorite fabric store (http://www.spoonflower.com/welcome ). Because it was pretty busy fabric and I wanted to focus on the symbols I used a basic log cabin pattern. Sure hope they like it.

1 comment:

  1. If they don't like it, we'll take it - although we aren't naming our baby Oden if it turns out to be a boy, but we do have a Wrævn so it would still work :)

    ReplyDelete