Monday, January 19, 2009

A great big sigh of relief

Last week was one of the busiest and most relaxing weeks I have had in a long time, and no I was not on vacation with Johannes in an exotic location. I was however in a foreign location right on the very Air Force Base where I live.

Johannes was accepted into a very exclusive course called High Flight. The top 2% of captains in the AF (this was a AMC deal, though there are others) qualify and are chosen so it was a big deal. ( I get to brag about him a bit since he would never say anything.) As his spouse I was also "selected" to go to this grooming course. I was expecting a lot of big haired ladies wearing only red white and blue with too much enthusiasm and perma-pressed smiles. It was much better than that. I met some nice girls who were in similar situations and it was like an extended Relief Society/ Visiting Teaching for Air Force training. We also were taught more in-depth about the life resources available to service members and their famililes and got cool perks like seeing a working dog demo and tours of a few places I never would have seen otherwise.

I'm also really glad my sister Michelle came out to baby-sit, because although a few people had agreed to or offered to help the schedule was intense and I don't think anyone else would have liked me or my kids after the end of the week. But thank you all for the thought.

It was nice though to be back in a school setting. I really do miss going to university; I just don't have time for it right now. I am hoping to be able to go back for my Masters as soon as Johannes is able to finish his.

Again, a big THANK YOU to all who helped out or offered help this past week, and I hope to have a few more fun things with pictures going up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment