Thursday, January 1, 2009

I love Boxing Day even as much as Christmas

The Grinch McScrooge in me is always to glad to be done with Christmas. I am always so excited to decorate and then I suddenly feel like I am suffocating under all the nic-knack-ery and I start counting the days until I can pull it all down and breathe again. So the day after Christmas I always wake up and start the deconstruction. I took a funny little video of our Boxing Day fun. We were so excited to get a real tree this year, and it was nothing but a headache on top of a fire hazard, and it nearly destroyed my vacuum cleaner. Here are the kids giggling over what is left of the tree after I took off the lights and decorations.

Sorry, but I can't figure out how to flip the video right-side up....

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you're not kidding about your tree being a fire hazard! Yikes! I love the smell of a real Christmas tree. Jason and I considered getting one this year, but we envisioned what our three kids would do to it and thought we'd wait a few more years. Your kids are adorable, I love all your pictures of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! thats a pretty tree you got there. That is one thing I dont like about real trees. The MESS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your poor tree. What type of tree was it? Our tree didn't shed much and it looks about the same a month later. So it may have been the type. Friaser Fir and Nobel are ready great trees.

    ReplyDelete