Thursday, January 8, 2009

Grooming

v. groom·ingv.tr.
1. To care for the appearance of; to make neat and trim: groomed himself carefully in front of the mirror.
2. To clean and brush (an animal).
3. To remove dirt and parasites from the skin, fur, or feathers of (another animal).
4. To prepare, as for a specific position or purpose: groom an employee for advancement.
5. Sports To prepare (a trail) for skiers, as by packing down new snow or leveling moguls.
-the free dictionary by farlex

Johannes and I have been chosen to be groomed by the Air Force.

He was selected from all the Captains on base to attend a highly selective course where you are groomed to become at least a Colonel if not an eventual General.

As a result we have to attend a week of classes, lunches, more classes, mentoring, classes, dinners and other functions with a bunch of very high ranking people all next week. We need to look the part and be on our best behaviors. No snide marks from the peanut gallery.

Oh, and have I mentioned that my hair is needing some serious help, my face and lips are cracking from the dry bitter cold, and my nails are breaking off one at a time? I also don't have enough decent clothes right now to go out in public with the same group of people for 4 days in a row. I am in need of a fairy godmother quick!

Thank heavens for Aveda. I have a few appointments booked with them (sad that it will take more than one)and since Arcadia is home sick today I am going to drag her to the nail salon in a few minutes to sit with Jasper so I can get that taken care of. I need to at least look like a Stepford wife by 7am on Tuesday morning, even if I am not excited by the "mentoring" I will be recieving.

And so we are being groomed (see) DEF # 4 although we would rather it was for DEF #5 it is going to feel more like DEF # 2 & 3 if I can ever get through DEF #1.

However, if any one does happen to have a fairy Godmother on speed-dial I could use her number because this "military mandatory fun" is going to be an expensive week, and I haven't even mentioned the cost of babysitting.

3 comments:

  1. P.S. the nail thing went well. The ladies were surprised that Jasper was so well behaved. A full set of nails was only $25 at the BX. If I'd had the time I would have gotten the pedicure for only $6 more. And I hear that there is a really good sale going on at Macys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun and money. But this is exciting right. Plus it kind of gives you a week break from the kids. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! You both deserve it (all of the positive parts that you will enjoy and benefit you)! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete