Monday, January 26, 2009

Purple People

We have some friends here who Missourians and are huge "Mizzou" fans. So when we found out that Northwestern was playing Mizzou in a football game Johannes and Jeff decided it would be fun to have a football party.



I am sort of irritated that Johannes has taken an interest in college football in the past few years since BSU beat Oklahoma in the big Fiesta Bowl game a few years ago. (We had to stay up late and watch that one too). Not that I mind that BSU is getting big bucks now that they play well. I do mind that as an extension my college degree is finally recognized as decent and that people finally have a bit of respect for BSU - that's why I hate sports being linked to schools...what does the football teams have to do with what I know?

Anyhow, so we dressed in our Northwestern gear (I was frankly surprised we had enough to go around, but Johannes seems to buy a new t-shirt everytime we go to Chicago so I guess we do) and headed to our friends' house.




I made all of the kids paper pom-poms, purple and white for J-MAC AND ALC and some gold and black for the other kids. Their oldest boy was hesitant to play with them until he realized they were for taunting the other guy. In the end Mizzou bearly won (luckily, because Jeff may not have invited us over again if NWU won, which would have made Johannes' job as his home-teacher a bit difficult) and the kids had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment