Monday, January 26, 2009

I can fly like an eagle



When I heard Johannes mention a few months ago that he wanted to go see the Bald Eagles I started having the cheesy song that my High School's "Capital Singers" choir sing running through my head.

About 45 minutes from where we live is the winter resting place for Bald Eagles. Wierd I know, you don't really think of the feezing mid-west as a nice warm vacation place, but apparently it's great for Bald Eagles. So we loaded up with some friends and made the drive. I had heard on the radio that the trees were dripping with eagles, so we were excited.







Um, it was too freakin' cold that day, and none of them came out to play. We were up hiking and driving and searching for about 3 hours and saw about ten. Not that it isn't more than many other people ever see but a few days later a friend told me she went up the very next day and there were hundreds hanging from the trees and soaring through the air. I guess we just had really bad luck.

1 comment:

  1. It would be pretty cool to see a bunch of eagles together. Did you hear about the eagle that was mutilated around Kansas City this week?

    ReplyDelete