Monday, November 9, 2009

Halloween 2009

After a lot of confusion trying to track down my old Alice in Wonderland costume, around which we based our Halloween theme this year, and despite the fact that said costume was never found, we had a triumphant year.I decided that this was the last chance I would probably ever have to put Matthijas into a "cute" costume, and with his current fascination with Alice in Wonderland he learned to say "hello goodbye i'm wate i'm wate i'm wate", and so he became the White Rabbit. I was stumped for a costume for Jasper, until I realized i could do the Card, and after some desperate searching once both boys' costumes were made, I was able to track down a very old pattern for Alice on eBay, and after two days battle with my old sewing machine, Alice emerged.


Johannes really wanted me to make a costume for him, but since he was out of town for all the parties he got to be Lewis Carroll instead of the Mad Hatter (maybe next year).



I was a rebel faction this year and wasn't too interested in sewing for myself just to open the door to trick or treaters. All I wanted to do was wear my jeans, and not have to take off my boots, and so I pulled out one of Johannes' church shirts and some old red fabric from the sewing box, and was instantly Rosie the Rivitter, by far one of the easiest costumes I have ever worn.

1 comment:

  1. umm.. so you are going to be annoyed... i went to moms on saturday to rescue her mouse poop and mud infested canning jars and guess what two buckets i found in the outside shed... um the halloween costumes and you can guess what i found! ALICE!!!... i guess you can save it til next year but there were some fun costumes in there that i had forgot about and tons of cool fabric that mom bought at jcpennys like a long time ago.. pennys does not even sell fabric but anyhow.. thought i would let you know.

    ReplyDelete