
I got roped into Girl Scouts because Arcadia really wanted to be a Brownie like the other girls at school, but there weren't enough adult leaders. If I didn't join up as co-leader there was no troop. So right now my kitchen counter is covered in boxes and boxes of Girl Scout cookies that I have to mail out because we couldn't sell them on base. Luckily my co-leader believes as I do that if we are bothering with having a meeting the girls better be earning patches, so I spent this morning putting patches on Arcadia's Brownie vest so she can be up to date next week for bowling.

And then after that Johannes got called to be the local Scout Master at church. Not only did he never finish scouting as a teen, he has no clue how the organization is supposed to work, much less how he is supposed to be in charge. Scouting here is no side activity...it's serious. Uniform inspections. Monthly area meetings. Paperwork galore. Today I am printing of the uniform guides trying to figure out where all the patches go so I can sew them on this new uniform ($75 by the way!) before his campout tonight, as well as hem his pants. They are going to go camping once a month, which I am excited about for Johannes because he loves it, but it's a lot of work on my end getting things ready while he's at work, and then cleaning up afterwards.
So for the next three years as we live out the MWSF life, we are going to be entrenched in scouting it seems until someone comes along to pick up the baton, or we luck out and get to move somewhere less suburban.
This is what Matthijas thinks of MWSF Saturdays....they're exhausting.
No comments:
Post a Comment