Saturday, November 15, 2008

Thrifting

I love thrifting! I have started to also go to the Base-wide yard sales that are held, as the name implies, on base. Today at the yard sale (which they hold indoors - smart) I got a very lightly used exersaucer for Jasper for $25.00,and a big bag of little plastic animals for Matthijas for FREE . Unfortunately this is the third exersaucer I've had (only the second I 've paid for though) because I keep thinking we are done having kids and I get rid of all of my baby stuff.

I have been going to the Thrift Store on base once a week also and got a baby swing for Jasper for $10.00 a big bag of Littlest Pet Shop toys for Arcadia for $3.00, a cast iron pan for Johannes to take camping for $4.00,and the new Horton hears a Who DVD for $3.00.

Last week I went to neighboring Belleville and got my brand new bread maker for $6.50 and a Leap-pad for $7.00. Between thrifting this past month and the 50-80% off sale I hit at Kohl's last night I am now done with Christmas shopping, except for Johannes. I still have no idea what to get him so it may take a while.



Oh, and I also got a set of 10 Ikea cups and 10 Ikea flower plates for $2.50. I know that's not a HUGE savings (though a 5 pack IS $1.99) but I didn't have to go to Ikea to get them so that in itself was a deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment