Monday, October 6, 2008

Our new house


And it came to pass we became a real family. We have three kids, a two car garage and neighbors who can look into our windows from the street. It's sort of strange to come to this point where we never would have been of our own choosing. It's interesting how a few small decisions can lead you down an unexpected path.

So this is our new house. And I mean "new" as in we are the first people to live there. For most of my life I have lived in a house no younger than 20 years but generally in the 60-80 year range. From here on out all dirty corners and bumps on the walls are our own doing. We can't blame them on anyone else when we eventually and inevitably move out.


So here is the grand tour. This is the view when you walk in the front door. I love my huge clock. I bought one for our condo in Chicago and then, decided I wanted one for us too. I can see it from anywhere in the front of the house. (It is of course from IKEA.)


Our living room. I still really wish Matthijas hadn't pulled an Incredible Hulk on my cabinet doors and broken them off. I prefer not to see the TV. I need to hang the tiles that are sitting on the floor in my dining room, but I need some strong hooks because it is really heavy.


Where we eat.



Where I make the things we eat.




The hallway where I sit and write these words.


The playroom/ therapy room.


The boys room (see Jasper laying in the sun).

Arcadia's folk art room.



There are also two and a half baths but no one is interested in those. My room is currently a mess since I haven't hung pictures and the sheets are in the wash due to a lot of baby spit-up this morning. I'll post those later once I figure out what I am doing.

2 comments:

  1. Wow it must be nice to have a NEW home. Everyone gets a room not a little cubby hole. lol Troy and I are going to start looking to buy a house. We are going to sign another 6 month lease to take us to spring and hopefully find something this winter for then. I got a nanny job the other day for a 14 month little girl and will make $1500 a month. So we were pretty excited for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your guys' home is fantabulous - - that's base housing? Hey, that's way better than anything the "Shady J" had to offer in NC. Needless to say, I love it!

    ReplyDelete