
So I think today was the first "Claus Family Adventure" sponsered ONLY by mom WITH all 3 kids. It was a trip loosely with the church playgroup to a pumpkin patch and for some reason I thought it would be easy. Today was not a school day due to inservice for the teachers. So I thought, great we can all go and get some pumpkins to help the day speed by. It wasn't a disaster but juggling a new baby plus Matthijas and 5 pumpkins on a tractor ride is rather frazzling to the nerves. (Not to mention getting lost on the way and nearly getting into a car accident because I was driving on the wrong side of the road on a country highway that I thought was divided but apparently simply under construction). Other than the logistics however we did have fun. We picked out 5 pumpkins, three are orange of varying sizes, one is so dark green it is nearly black and an albino. And because we were in a large group we got the tour, an apple cider slushie, and 5 pumpkins for 20 bucks! We are looking forwrd to making some fantastic Jack-O'Lanterns and pumpkin pies out of these beauties.


http://theinspiredroom.net Check out this site. There are some cute ideas.
ReplyDeleteJasper looks like he's wearing an orange life jacket to the pumpkin patch:-}
ReplyDelete