Matt, the owner was starting renovations on a room and had 4 missionaries who had volunteered their weekly service hours there to help. In case you didn't know, Mormon missionaries don't spend all of their time aggrivating unsuspecting people by talking to them on the street or knocking on their doors. They actually spend a good deal of their time doing community service each week. Most of the time it is less cool than working in the rat & cricket room of the local reptile store, but sometimes it's neat. (In Poland I cleaned old widows' apartments, helped in a number of orphanages, worked teaching free english classes to the community every Saturday the whole time I was there, helped people plant gardens, and worked with the Red Cross during flood season. Johannes got to clean sewer filled streets, teach english, clean chickens, and make a Christmas pig from holler to ham. Anyhow, back to my main story).
Here is the chameleon Matthijas really lliked. He kept calling it a dinosaur, but that makes sense. He did learn how to say iguana though.

The reptile guy had gone to the elementary school for an educational event and Arcadia and her brownie friends had all been excited about the big yellow snake that he called "Banana Boy" for the kids, but her name is Aphrodite. Here's Arcadia with her yellow snake.

Like I said earlier, I HATE snakes, but I am trying to not share my fears. I am a big fan of zoos and pet stores so that you can get up close to these animals, but I don't have to touch them and I can admire them from a distance.
Thats kinda a creepy picture with the snake coming out of her head.
ReplyDelete