
Johannes and I joke that we are some of the whitest Americans running around who are neither Irish nor German. Everyone else we know seems to have a bit o'the Irish or ein bischen Deutsch in them. So what do you do when it's not your holiday? You play along anyhow!
So Arcadia put on her green shirt, and she and her friends chased leprechauns around the school yard (they even checked under the bridge) searching for a pot of gold.

Makenzie came over after school and the girls hula-hooped and ran around creating an aura of chaos; Matthijas even got to join in on the hula-hooping.
Johannes' grandma listens to it in the car a lot, and I think we borrowed it once for a road trip, but it has so much information packed in, it works better to slow it down and read it chapter by chapter rather than from car stop to car stop. I just finished reading the chapters on St. Patrick so I felt like this year I finally understood why he was such an important character in Irish (as well as Catholic and Western) history.

No comments:
Post a Comment