Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas Eve for the 116th Stonewall Brigade

Today was a real treat because it was Christmas Eve and the unit that I’m attached to had its Christmas dinner. We reserved a conference hall down the road from the Embassy palace, and the building and grounds were beautiful.





We were released from work at 1pm, so I decided to walk over to the hall early and check out the scene. I volunteered to help, so my first task was to put the finishing touches on the decorations in the hall. I also whipped up some of Cobie’s Magic Snow, and flocked the trees on the serving
table.

After that, I got busy in the kitchen.Some of the sergeants had been in the kitchen all day, but I was able to help by preparing some of the side dishes, making salads and scooping cranberry sauce. Helping make dinner helped me get into the holiday The joke here is that I look like Billy Idol, so they wanted to take a picture of Billy Idol cutting tomatoes. I also got to put out a grease fire in the oven. I’m in this photo if you can see through the smoke.
The dinner was great and we all had a good time. Everyone thanked us for helping put it together, and at the end, my friends and I had an artificial snowball fight. Here I am with snow in my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment