We were walking through the middle of the shopping district on our way to lunch (finally) when we were stopped but a bald guy asking if we were lost. So far, this has happened to me about 3 times, and always lead to an interesting turn of events. His name was Gel and he was home from London visiting his parents, and had a great place to recommend (he had seen it on BBC1 a few weeks before). So we followed and it turned out to be the same place we were already headed. We invited him to eat with us because we were all amazed by his accent. There is sort of a standard Turkish accent we hear all the time, but this guy flipped from Turkish to British almost other word which amused us.In the end it was the most fantastic Turkish food I have eaten yet. And then there was the baklava. Oh my goodness. Now I love baklava, I eat it all the time. However, I may never be happy again after eating the world's most perfect baklava. Gaziantep is the world's primary producer of pistachios, and in turn make out of this world baklava (and it's pretty too).


No comments:
Post a Comment