Friday, December 21, 2007

Green Zone Duathlon

Last Friday we had a race in the Green Zone. It was a duathlon, meaning that we ran two miles, then got on bikes (some people had their own bikes and raced on the perimeter road, and others, like me, rode on stationary bikes) for 8 miles, and then we ran another two miles. Here you can see us starting off like ghosts in the pre-dawn twilight.


Like I said, we ran along the perimeter road, and the photographer got up on one of the guard towers to get a good panoramic view. Just off in the corner, you can see the Tigris River over the barriers.


I ran well, but lost time on the biking portion.

In the end, I finished with a respectable time of 59:50. I wasn’t just wearing the gloves to be fashionable. The gloves helped, really. They did.





























No comments:

Post a Comment