
We got a couple surprise visits this week. The first was when Mrs. Claus came to the IZ to help us out with our treelighting ceremony. Naturally, I couldn't resist getting a picture with the Misses, and when she saw that it was Capt Claus who was asking for the picture, she was more than happy to oblige.

Then, Tuesday afternoon, we got a mass email that Sec of State Rice was going to speak in the Green Bean at 7pm. A couple of us thought it would be a cool idea to get in place at 6:30 so we could be up front.
Well, to make a long wait (uh, I mean story) short, she finally arrived after 9pm. She thanked us for being here away from our families and she let us know how much the American people love their servicemembers, and that we are helping the Iraqis achieve their dreams and wishes for a stable and democratic country. Ambassador Crocker also briefly spoke. After her speech, she did come through and shake hands to those in the front row, and I did get to shake her hand, but my photographer did a lousy job capturing the moment. 

Also included is a picture of the mosaics and chandelier on the ceiling of this beautiful room that serves as our espresso stand/internet café/game room (I have yoga class in the corner of this room a couple mornings a week).

No comments:
Post a Comment