Thursday, November 15, 2007

Turkish Good Luck

It is good luck here in Turkey to have lizards living with you, and we have quite a few who live on our porch. However, occasionally they sneak inside when we open a door, and after that we have only a 50% chance of finding them again (though sometimes I find one clinging to a wall).

Yesterday Arcadia was doing her homework and she called to me "Mom! There's a lizard on the table!" so I told her to hold on while I grabbed the camera, because I thought it would be funny to take a picture. It turned out to be funnier when we realized that the lizard turned was only a toy that looks exactly like our little lizards. So here is Arcadia realizing that the lizard that snuck up on her was put there by Matthijas, and didn't crawl on the table on it's own.

1 comment: